Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Lessons I learned in my trading days

Having read Liz'a article, made me think about lessons I learned in my trading days.

1. Hedge fund is all about risk control, which includes counter trend protection and margin management, without that, you will see yourself in square one some time in next twenty years.

2. Never, ever read commentators, just remember, they don't have to make a living by writing market comments if they know how to invest/trade.

3. Do follow Pundits, do subscribe Barron's, if you have money, subscribe value line, that two will keep you occupied for your reading time. Take the most bullish call from prime bearish pundits, and take the most bearish call from prime bullish pundits. You won't make much mistake following that.

4. Discipline, discipline, discipline.

5. After a dear friend of mine calls me "worry bug", I realized the true reason I quit trading: No Guts and worry too much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet web site, I hadn’t come across blog.angelsfromabroad.com before in my searches!Carry on the fantastic work!.